August 21, 2012
Those who follow us on Twitter are already in the know. But for those who don’t (what are you waiting for?), here are the past week’s Tips of the Day courtesy of the Joe Fortes staff.
- An oyster with a high juice content (always a plus in Oyster Bobâ€™s books), should feel like a rock in your hands.
- To preserve a bottle of open red wine, store it in the refrigerator for the longest lasting results.
- Save good quality olive oils for drizzling and finishing dishes. Olive oils burn quickly and will make products taste bitter.
- Let meats rest for 15 minutes before slicing to avoid loss of juice.
- The older the wine, the more gradations of color you will see from the edge of the glass rim into the bowl of the glass.
- Storing and eating tomatoes at room temperature maximizes their flavor and juiciness.
- Must have spirits for your home bar – vodka, gin, rum, tequila and whiskey – stock what you enjoy drinking!
You can find the rest under #JoeFortesTip on Twitter and by following us on @JoeFortesVan.
Tweet you there!